The human body is the entire structure of a human organism, and consists of a head, neck, torso, two arms and two legs. Now Lets see some of the coolest Facts about Human Body. Some of them are way more cooler than you think!
Human Body is capable of producing aspirin.
- Findings from the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry indicate that study participants who received benzoic acid, a natural substance in fruits and vegetables, could make their own salicylic acid, the key component that gives aspirin its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
Tongue print is unique for every person.
- The tongue is a group of muscles on the floor of the mouth that manipulates food for mastication. It is the primary organ of taste. Just like finger prints every person has a unique tongue print.
The thickest skin in our body is located at our foot.
- The skin located under the eyes and around the the eyelids is 0.5 mm thick and is the thinnest skin in the body. The skin on the palms and the soles of the feet is 4 mm thick and the thickest skin in the body. The heel portions of the feet being the thickest portions.
Humans glow in the dark.
- It was revealed by ultra-sensitive cameras that our bodies emit tiny amounts of light that are too weak for the human eye to detect. Amazing pictures of “glittering” human bodies were released by Japanese scientists who have captured the first ever images of human “thermoluminescence”. Although it has been known for many years that all living creatures produce a small amount of light as a result of chemical reactions within their cells, this is the first time light produced by humans has been captured on camera. Strangely, the areas that produced the brightest light did not correspond with the brightest areas on thermal images of the volunteers’ bodies.
The stomach produces a new lining every 3 days to avoid digesting itself with its own acids.
- There’s one dangerous liquid no airport security can confiscate from you: It’s in your gut. Your stomach cells secrete hydrochloric acid, a corrosive compound used to treat metals in the industrial world. It can pickle steel, but mucous lining the stomach wall keeps this poisonous liquid safely in the digestive system, breaking down lunch.
Body Position Affects Your Memory.
- Can’t remember your anniversary, hubby? Try getting down on one knee. Memories are highly embodied in our senses. A scent or sound may evoke a distant episode from one’s childhood. The connections can be obvious (a bicycle bell makes you remember your old paper route) or inscrutable. A recent study helps decipher some of this embodiment. An article in the January 2007 issue of Cognition reports that episodes from your past are remembered faster and better while in a body position similar to the pose struck during the event.
Having orgasms prevent men from prostate cancer.
- Two large studies, reported in 2003 and 2004, found that middle-aged men who had (or at least remember having) at least four orgasms a week throughout their 20s, 30s and 40s had a reduced risk of prostate cancer by as much as one-third. Some researchers speculate that ejaculations may clear the prostate of carcinogens.