- Albert Einstein’s brain has often been a subject of research and speculation. Einstein’s brain was removed within seven hours of his death.
- Einstein’s brain was preserved after his death in 1955, but this fact was not revealed until 1978.
- Thomas Stoltz Harvey, the pathologist who performed the autopsy on Einstein and removed the brain also removed Einstein’s eyes, and gave them to Henry Abrams.
- Preserving the brain of Einstein was not the first one its kind. another famous brain to be preserved and discussed in a similar manner was that of the German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss almost a hundred years earlier.
- Einstein once failed his university entrance exam.
- Einstein refused the surgery for internal bleeding caused by the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm(the cause for his death), saying: “I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share, it is time to go. I will do it elegantly.”
- In the period before World War II, Einstein was so well-known in America that he would be stopped on the street by people wanting him to explain “that theory”. He finally figured out a way to handle the incessant inquiries. He told his inquirers “Pardon me, sorry! Always I am mistaken for Professor Einstein.
- Einstein published more than 300 scientific papers along with over 150 non-scientific works. His great intelligence and originality have made the word “Einstein” synonymous with genius.
- Einstein’s son Eduard Einstein was afflicted with schizophrenia and institutionalized two years later for the first of several times which is a mental disorder characterized by a disintegration of thought processes and of emotional responsiveness.
- After his illness struck Eduard once told his father that he hated him. Einstein never saw his son again for the rest of his life.
Have you signed up to our newsletter yet?
If you don't like to lighten up your day with all the cool and fun facts you will get on your email everyday, then please DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST!. But in case if you like it and would like to improve your general knowdge, then do sign up.