Volcanoes are the opening or rupture on a planet’s surface, which helps hot magma, volcanic ash and gases to escape from below the surface. Now here read some cool facts about volcanoes.
- Volcanoes can be generally found on rthe places where tectonic plates are diverging or converging.
- Volcanoes become extinct once it no longer has the lava supply.
- Volcanic activity releases around 145 million to 255 million short tons of carbon dioxide each year.
- One of the main natural reason for Acid Rains is the gas emission from volcanoes.
- Earth has around 1500 active volcanoes.
- Super Volcanoes are considered to be the most dangerous types of volcanoes.
- Super Volcanoes can produce a volcanic eruption with an ejecta volume greater than 1,000 cubic kilometers.
- Super Volcanic eruptions can cool down earth’s atmosphere for the following years.
Have you signed up to our newsletter yet?
If you don't like to lighten up your day with all the cool and fun facts you will get on your email everyday, then please DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST!. But in case if you like it and would like to improve your general knowdge, then do sign up.