- You will have to eat 7 cups of cornflakes to get the same amount to fiber you would get from one medium orange!
- Eat oranges and stay young! Oranges are high in antioxidants, which neutralize the effects of free radicals, unstable oxygen molecules in your body, believed to cause aging and some diseases.
- Navel oranges are named that because of the belly-button formation opposite the stem end.
- The bigger the navel in an orange, the sweeter it will be.
- When is a ripe orange green? When it’s a Valencia!
Sometimes warm weather causes the skin to regreen, or reabsorb chlorophyll, giving it a greenish color. But it will still taste great.
- After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world’s favorite flavor.
- Christopher Columbus brought the first orange seeds and seedlings to the New World on his second voyage in 1493.