These are some interesting facts about Ireland.
- Politically Ireland is divided into 2 ie, Republic Of Ireland & Northern Ireland and one of them, namely Northern Ireland is a part of United Kingdom.
- Until 17th century Ireland was home to one of the thickest woodlands. But sadly it is one of the most deforested areas in Europe as of now.
- Only less than 10% of the whole population speak Irish regularly outside of the education system in The Republic of Ireland.
- Ireland is said to be a snake free country which means there are no snakes in Ireland.
- Ireland has only 26 native land mammals species.
- Viviparous lizard a.k.a. the Common Lizard is the one and only reptile which is native to Ireland.
- Its been over 9000 years since people started living there.
- Pierce Brosnan and Colin Farrell are two famous Irish Hollywood actors.
- Abortion is illegal in Ireland unless it endangers the mother’s life and it is the only country in Europe with the illegal status.
- A pig, allowed to live in Irish farmhouses in olden days, was once known as “the gentleman that pays the rent.”
- According to an Irish legend, whoever kisses the Blarney Stone will be very lucky. Another saying goes by, if you cannot somehow kiss the Blarney Stone, you can kiss any Irish Person to get the luck, now this is why people say “Kiss me, I’m Irish”.
If you have more facts about Ireland, please let us know by commenting to this post.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Some Cool Facts for Kids - Ireland Facts,