Read some of the coolest facts about one of the coolest continent on earth – Cool Facts about Antarctica!
- Believe it or not, Antarctica is the driest continent on earth.
- Antarctica is considered as a desert.
- The coldest temperature Antarctica has ever reached is 89 Degree Celsius.
- Antarctica was discovered only on 1820 by the Russian expedition of Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen and Mikhail Lazarev on Vostok and Mirny.
- Antarctica is almost 1.3 times as large as Europe.
- Almost 70% of world’s fresh water is in Antarctica an 98% of it is covered by Ice sheets.
- If all the ice in Antarctica is melted our sea levels will increase by upto 200 feet.
- There are no native people in Antarctica.
- At any given time there are an average of 5000 researchers in Antarctica.
- Catherine Mikkelson was the first woman to set foot on Antarctica. It was on 1935.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Some Cool Facts about Antarctica,