Some weird facts about death and dead bodies!
- The practice of burying dead bodies started around 350,000 years back.
- In USA old age cannot be a cause of death. Government eliminated that classification of death on 1951.
- Some cells in our body are programmed to commit suicide before we are born. This is for the organs to form a proper shape during embryonic development. Otherwise we would have our feet like a duck.
- In 1901, Dr. Duncan “Om” MacDougall a doctor tried an experiment to find the weight of human soul and found that it has a weight of 21 grams.
He tried the same with dogs and the result was negative.
- A company called Lifegem will take the ashes of dead-bodies and turn them into diamonds. Link Here: Life Gem
- A group of Buddhists from Tibet do not bury or cremate their dead bodies. Instead they cut them and beat the dead body into a pulp, then leave that for the vultures to eat.
- There is a custom in Madagascar in which people dig up their loved ones bones, dress it up and then dance with it. This tradition is known as Famadihana.
- The dying breath of Thomas Edison – the inventor of light bulb was captured into a bottle by Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company and his son.
- People with large amount of Fat in their body are more likely to turn into soap after they die. The process is known as saponification and tis soap is known as grave wax a.k.a. adipocere.
- A company in US “Celestis Memorial Spaceflights” will take the cremated remains of a dead body into Earth orbit, onto the lunar surface, and into deep space.
- A type of jelly fish are thought to be Immortal. Turritopsis nutricula, the immortal jellyfish reverts to the polyp stage once they become sexually mature.