A bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles such as a body of water, valley, or road, for the purpose of providing passage over the obstacle. Read some of the most interesting facts about Bridges.
- China has the 3 longest bridges.
- Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge – 164,800 m. It has the Guinness World Record for the Longest Bridge of any type.
- Tianjin Grand Bridge – 113,600 m.
- Weinan Weihe Grand Bridge – 79,732 m.
- The first 3 Longest Bridges are of type High-speed rail.
- Bang Na Expressway is the longest Road Bridge. Its from Taiwan.
- There are six main types of bridges: beam bridges, cantilever bridges, arch bridges, suspension bridges, cable-stayed bridges and truss bridges.
- Rialto Bridge from Venice was collapsed due to the Overload by spectators during the wedding of the Duke of Ferrara. It was in 1444.
- The First ever bridge failure recorded is Stirling Bridge – Stirling, Scotland. It was on 1297 September. The reason being Overload by attackers during the Battle of Stirling Bridge
- There is a bridge named The Bridge to Nowhere. It is a concrete road bridge spanning the Mangapurua Stream in Whanganui National Park, North Island, New Zealand. It has no roads leading to it.
- The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States.
Angers Bridge, France collapsed on April 16, 1850 killing around 226 people. This is one of the most Disastrous Bridge Collapses ever happened. Resonance of soldiers led to collapse.
Have you signed up to our newsletter yet?
If you don't like to lighten up your day with all the cool and fun facts you will get on your email everyday, then please DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST!. But in case if you like it and would like to improve your general knowdge, then do sign up.