I find lighting to be so beautiful. It simply is one of the most beautiful yet dangerous wonders of the nature! Now here are some of the coolest and most interesting facts about lightning. I hope you like it! Read it and share these facts with your friends!
- It has been estimated that around 100 lightnings strike earth on every second.
- A Lightning Flash can heat the surrounding air up to 5 times the temperature of sun’s surface! That’s almost 27 524.25 ° Celsius!
- A Lighting bolt can travel in the speed of approximately 220,000 km/h.
- The fear of thunders and lightning are known as astraphobia.
- In 1769 Lightning struck The Church of St. Nazaire, Italy and it kill around 3000 people. The Church had vaults filled with Gun Powder. This incident destroyed almost 1/6th of the City.
- In 1902, lightning struck the Eiffel Tower and the top part needed a reconstruction.
- On an average a lightning will have a few million joules of energy, this energy is enough to light a 100 watt bulb for approximately 6 hours.
- Almost 80% of the lightning strike survivors sustain long-term injuries.
- Each year around 240,000 people are being injured because of lightning strikes!
You can read more about lightning here!