Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can make claim to the following:
- Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.
- Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin -109 per 10,000 people – as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.
- In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).
- Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.
- Outside the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.
- Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
- With an aerial arsenal of over 250 F-16s, Israel has the largest fleet of the aircraft outside of the US.
- Israel’s $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.
- On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech start-ups.
- Israel has the largest raptor migration in the world, with hundreds of thousands of African birds of prey crossing as they fan out into Asia.
- Twenty-four percent of Israel’s workforce holds university degrees – ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland – and 12 percent hold advanced degrees.
- Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
- In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia to safety in Israel.
- When Gold Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world’s second elected female leader in modern times.
- When the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day – and saved three victims from the rubble.
- Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship – and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 – in the world.
- Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and economic opportunity.
- Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as “conflict free.”
- According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry’s most impenetrable flight security. U.S. officials now look to Israel for advice on how to handle airborne security threats.
- Israel’s Maccabi basketball team won the European championships in 2001.
- Israeli tennis player Anna Smashnova is the 15th ranked female player in the world.
- Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers was produced by Haim Saban, an Israeli whose family fled persecution in Egypt.
- In 1991, during the Gulf War, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra played a concert wearing gas masks as scud missiles fired by Saddam Hussein fell on Tel Aviv.
- Israel has the world’s second highest per capita of new books.
- Israel is one of the only 2 countries in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees. – (Updated with correction)
- Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.
- Israel has two official languages: Hebrew and Arabic.
You forgot to add: Stole the land of other innocent nations. Killed hundreds of thousands. Burnt innocent civilians in Ghaza. They use Hitler's manual book as a guide on how to punish other.
How can you hate Israel? They're clearly have one of the most effiecient work forces in the world, they have an excellent education system and clearly they've contributed more to the world than the neighbouring Arab countries, who continually complain about how much of a Pariah Israel is. Well out it this way, I'd rather have a Pariah state than a bunch of nations struggling to develop and put aside their barbaric, medieval practices and prejudices.