Seahorses – One of the weirdest creatures in the water. These are some random facts about Seahorses. Read and Enjoy!
- Seahorses are a part of marine fish. This is the name given to 47 species of marine fish.
- Unlike many other fishes, seahorses swim upright.
- Their eyes can move independently.
- Unlike almost all other fishes, the neck seahorses are flexible.
- The record for the title of Slowest Moving fish goes to the dwarf seahorse. The top speed is 150 cms/5 feet per hour.
- Unlike many other animals, in the case of seahorses, it’s the males who are responsible for keeping the eggs laid by females!
- The female seahorses deposits upto 1,500 eggs in the male’s pouch which they are supposed to carry until fully developed tiny seahorses are emerged.
- Seahorses never nurture their young after birth leaving the susceptible to predators.
fully developed tiny seahorses
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Facts about Seahorses - One of the weirdest creatures in the water,