These are some cool facts about the country New Zealand. Read on!
- New Zealand is one of the last lands to be settled by human. The reason being its remoteness from other countries.
- New Zealand is identified as one of the world’s most stable and well-governed nations.
- Kiwi is not a fruit but a bird, the fruit is known as, Kiwifruit. Kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand.
- New Zealand has 2 official National Anthems. This makes New Zealand one of the 3 countries with 2 official national anthems.
- Before Europeans came, New Zealand was already being inhabited by the Maori people. The last known full-blooded Moriori died in 1933.
- New Zealand is a fairly liberal nation. Homosexual marriage, Prostitution & brothel keeping are legal in New Zealand.
- The first person to reach the peak of Mountain Everest was a New Zealander, Sir Edmund Hillary.
- There is not even one place in New Zealand which is further than 170 km from the sea.
- New Zealand’s car owned ship rate is one of the highest in the world. There are around 2.5 million cars in New Zealand. The total population in New Zealand is 4 million.
- The only flightless parrot known as Kakapo is native to New Zealand and cannot be seen elsewhere.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Cool Facts about New Zealand,