Cool Facts about Human Brain
* Human Brain could hold an estimated 1 to 10 terabytes.
* Your brain uses 20% of your body’s energy, but it makes up only 2% of your body’s weight.
* Your cerebral cortex is about as thick as a tongue depressor.
* Your brain is about 1300-1400 cubic centimeters in volume, about the size of a cantaloupe and wrinkled like a walnut.
* The brain feels like a ripe avocado and looks pink because of the blood flowing through it.
* Your brain generates 25 watts of power while you’re awake—enough to illuminate a light bulb.
* A newborn baby’s brain grows almost 3 times in course of first year.
* Humans have the most complex brain of any animal on earth.
* Overexposure to aluminum compounds—in foil, cookware, deodorants, antacids, toothpaste—can affect brain function.
* Lavender can help you sleep
* A cooked potato can jump-start your brain when you’re feeling foggy.
* The essential oil of jasmine can quickly restore mental alertness
* Eating foods rich in vitamin E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C may help lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease.