Cool Facts about Human Brain
- * Human Brain could hold an estimated 1 to 10 terabytes.
- * Your brain uses 20% of your body’s energy, but it makes up only 2% of your body’s weight.
- * Your cerebral cortex is about as thick as a tongue depressor.
- * Your brain is about 1300-1400 cubic centimeters in volume, about the size of a cantaloupe and wrinkled like a walnut.
- * The brain feels like a ripe avocado and looks pink because of the blood flowing through it.
- * Your brain generates 25 watts of power while you’re awake—enough to illuminate a light bulb.
- * A newborn baby’s brain grows almost 3 times in course of first year.
- * Humans have the most complex brain of any animal on earth.
- * Overexposure to aluminum compounds—in foil, cookware, deodorants, antacids, toothpaste—can affect brain function.
- * Lavender can help you sleep
- * A cooked potato can jump-start your brain when you’re feeling foggy.
- * The essential oil of jasmine can quickly restore mental alertness
- * Eating foods rich in vitamin E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C may help lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease.