- Our body has some natural protection for our eyes. Our eyelashes help to keep dirt out of our eyes. Our eyebrows are made to keep sweat from running into our eyes.
- The study of the iris of the eye is called iridology.
- The shark cornea has been used in eye surgery, since its cornea is similar to a human cornea.
- The number one cause of blindness in adults in the United States is diabetes.
- The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
- The eye of a human can distinguish 500 shades of the gray.
- The cornea is the only living tissue in the human body that does not contain any blood vessels.
- Sailors once thought that wearing a gold earring would improve their eyesight.
- The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.