Last week I asked our facebook page – coolfacts fans to suggest me a topic. I didn’t knew I was about to get a series of topic ideas. One of those ideas was to write facts about companies which are famous! I loved that idea and chose Coca Cola to write about for now. I hope you would love to read a few cool facts about coca cola.
- Did you know Cuba and North Korea is the only countries where you can’t buy Coca Cola?
- In 2011 Coca-Cola was the world’s most valuable brand according to Interbrand.
- The very first bottle of Coca Cola was sold on May 8, 1886.
- Initially Coca Cola was marketed as a patent medicine which could cure morphine addiction, impotence and many other diseases.
- The original recipe of Coca Cola had cocaine in it.
- There is a popular myth which says that only two executives have access to the formula, with each executive having only half the formula. In fact the truth is only 2 executives have unrestricted access and both know the complete formula and the process by which Coca cola is manufactured.
- The company Coca cola only produces the concentrated Syrup and not the bottled Coca cola. This syrup is distributed world-wide to the bottlers. These bottlers produce mix the syrup with water and sweeteners, and then carbonate it before putting it in cans and bottles.
- As per the latest statistics Coca cola stands number one in the industry by selling 1.6 billion cases in 2010. Pepsi stands 3rd.
- When Coca cola entered into the Chinese market, one of the first suggestions on how to write Coca cola in Mandarin, turned out to mean “Bite the wax tadpole”.
I hope you really enjoyed reading these! If you would like to see more facts about Companies, please let us know by commenting below!
Have you signed up to our newsletter yet?
If you don't like to lighten up your day with all the cool and fun facts you will get on your email everyday, then please DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST!. But in case if you like it and would like to improve your general knowdge, then do sign up.